Thursday, June 25, 2009

Website Content

There are many different ways to present your website, but none of these will do you any good if no one wants to stay at or return to your site, due to the lack of quality.

What does your site say, is it worth reading? I have fell victim to the quantity vs. quality mindset where I believed that as long as I have many posts my site was fine. After reading through some of my past posts on my blog I don’t even want to read them.

Different ways to optimize your website are all over the internet today. You could spend a fortune buying every book and tool out there to optimize your site. The one tip I continue to read out of all blogs and books is having good content on your site.

Search engines today are looking to eliminate the irrelevant and focus on the quality. That is not to say there are not other ways to increase your search engine rankings, however, if you are new to the online scene, starting with the basic of quality content is key.

If you have the quality content in place it will attract more readers and the search engines will find a reason to index you. Along with quality content come comments on your blog or website and by attracting these comments, you will have people generating content for you.

If you believe you have the content in place then venture on into some other methods of optimizing your site. The content is important however, since there is no reason to increase your link popularity if no one wants to read what you have to say.

0 comments: